Fountains of Hope (FoH) is passionate about serving God’s people by providing safe, life-giving water to the marginalized of the world. FoH leads mission teams all over the world installing reliable and sustainable water purification systems.
The Fountains of Hope vision believes the future success of providing safe water to the world is built on developing relationships, not simply delivering “water hardware.” FoH encourages YOU to personally experience the adventure of taking life-changing, safe water devices into all corners of the world. We know if YOU or YOUR GROUP go into the world on an FoH Adventure, YOU will be committed for the rest of your life to the calling of providing safe, life-sustaining water.
Fountains of Hope
More than 3.4 million people die each year from water, sanitation, and hygiene-related causes. Nearly all deaths, 99 percent, occur in the developing world. What will alter this fatal course?
Fountains of Hope International is committed to the installation, integration, and teaching of safe water solutions for the poor and most marginalized persons via water purification, well drilling, and health and hygiene education, especially during times of disaster or emergency. Fountains of Hope is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, faith-based organization, whose vision is to empower and equip the body of Christ to provide safe, life-sustaining, readily accessible water for all.
2009 - Epiphany
Founder and executive director, Bill Farrar, an aeronautic professional and engineer, was working for a water purification manufacturer. In 2009, after streamlining the purification system, Bill had an epiphany.
He knew he had to do more than manufacture the system; he had to take it to the people who needed it most. The horrific earthquake that shook Haiti on January 12, 2010, exploded into a desperate plea for safe water. Bill sprang into action and has not stopped since.
Fountains of Hope brought purification systems and hygiene training to the ailing Haitians, but the following cholera outbreak turned the recovering island into a death camp. Contaminated water is the main cause of cholera, sickening 530,000 Haitians since late 2010 and killing more than 7,000. Fountains of Hope has installed almost 100 purifiers in Haiti, bringing safe water to over 50,000 persons. Since 2009, Fountains of Hope has installed 195 purifier systems in 14 countries.
Turning Grief into Passion
One man, Pastor Luc, has turned his tragedy into triumph since the cholera outbreak. Pastor Luc’s mother-in-law and father-in-law ran an orphanage in Drouin, Haiti.
Both died in the aftermath of the cholera epidemic. Luc’s grief turned into his passion to save others. 23 purification systems along with the needed hygiene training have reached church communities in Haiti through the influence and assistance of Pastor Luc.
Safe Water for Haiti
In La Digue Matthiou, Haiti 8,500 children receive water and nutrition packs along with safe water for the entire community thanks to the special FoH designed $12,000 purification system with five large 1000-gallon tanks.
Five thousand gallons of water are drawn from the local river nearby then filtered and purified each day to provide safe water to re-hydrate the food packs.
A Constant Struggle
For two thirds of the world, life is a constant struggle for water. In Binga, Zimbabwe women and children must walk six miles one way down the cliff of a plateau to get water for themselves and their families.
Every day the struggle is deathly because of the vipers and the hippos, Africa’s most dangerous animal. Thanks to generous donors and volunteers, Fountains of Hope installed a pumping station and purification system, bringing water to a school for the entire village.
Bringing Hope to Those in Need
Contaminated water is the #1 cause of death in developing countries. It is responsible for life-threatening diseases such as cholera, typhoid, dysentery, hepatitis, and giardia.
Fountains of Hope International has the technology, the passion and the heart to change this statistic. Through the generosity of donors and volunteers, children and entire communities can drink safe water and learn safe hygiene practices.
Pray For Us
Here at Fountains of Hope, we truly believe that prayer is what fuels our life-saving projects. The power of prayer is amazing, and we would love for you to pray for our mission.
Pray for the protection of our teams as we travel to our many countries providing the gift of safe water to the poor and the marginalized.
Pray that our team members can be the hands and feet of Christ as we reach into the hearts of those in need.
Prayerfully consider joining us on a mission trip! We welcome you to come alongside FoH and help bring the gift of a FoH water purifier to a community in need.
We need your help to expand the work of FoH. Prayerfully consider joining our financial support team. Donations of any size are welcome and appreciated. Every drop counts.
Never underestimate the power of PRAYER!
Fountains of Hope Financial Policy
It is important that in securing funds for Fountains of Hope International, we observe and confine ourselves to a biblical and God-honoring way. Faith and prayer will be our primary and constant approach to the supplying of our needs.
The following are the guiding principles under which Fountains of Hope will operate:
1. The ministry belongs to the Lord, not to the Board, the staff, or the leaders. We are all servants in the work of His kingdom.
2. The Lord has blessed Fountains of Hope International, but if He ever closes a door to our work, we will accept His leading and yield the outcome to Him. Until then, we will devote all our energy to fulfill our calling.
3. When financial needs and opportunities become apparent, we will present them to God’s people for their prayerful consideration in a clear, sensitive and non-apologetic way.
4. We are dedicated to the principle of spending as the Lord provides and avoiding deficit spending. We will not presume upon tomorrow and incur debt. But, rather, will wait for the Lord to provide the resources to accomplish His will. We recognize the Lord’s direction is, in part, dictated by His provision or lack of provision.
5. We will not accept government funds, directly or indirectly, which would in any way bring us under the control of the regulating powers of governmental agencies and which might conflict or require us to compromise our doctrinal position or founding purpose.
6. We consider every gift as sacrificially given from the Lord’s people. Our obligation is to be faithful stewards and to use that money conservatively and wisely.
7. When we make a purchase, our policy is to pay the invoice as soon as possible, preferably within five working days.
8. Personal budgets for staff are determined and approved by the Board and may not exceed set limits.
9. We conform to the Gold Level standards established by GuideStar, an organization created to assure ethical and transparent monetary practices.
10. We will post our yearly 990 IRS tax returns on our website for everyone to see. This information can also be obtained from Guidestar.org.
In summary, this is the Lord’s ministry. We are accountable to Him and to His people who have entrusted us with their resources to enable us to fulfill the Lord’s vision for Fountains of Hope International. We intend, by His grace, to keep that trust.